Surf Taco.

I've always been drawn to downtown/urban-esque areas particularly for the art. Being that I grew up completely engulfed in the suburbs, Downtown Red Bank was the first encounter I had with lively, unique, non-cookie cutter store decor. I loved how it seemed like there was a different world in every shop -- these shopowners clearly do not skimp on interesting and thoughtful interior design. To this day, I prefer good interior design/decoration of a restaurant over good food served. =X What can I say, maybe I was born with taste buds in my eyes instead of my mouth. :P Anyways, for these reasons, Downtown Red Bank was one of my favorite places when I was younger. Anyone who lives close enough should wander around. Oh but I should warn you: the place is a flocking station for hipsters, complete with an "indie" movie theater. But I ain't a hater, hipsters need love too. :P 

Anyways! Stephie and I decided to go out to dinner together. I get really excited when I go out to dinner with her because we rarely have meals with just the two of us. In fact, I could probably count on two hands the number of times we've eaten together within the last year. Being that the weather was fantastic yesterday, we decided to drive down to Red Bank and see what was new around there. Of course, so much changed since I last visited a few years ago. This place called Surf Taco opened up, and we decided to try it out for the first time. 

On the way back to our car, I snapped a few photos of the closed shops. I'll probably come back with a camera on a sunny day. There are plenty of sights to uncover here.

No comments:

Post a Comment